If the floor of your home is mostly made up of a carpet, you know from experience that the more complex surfaces than other maintenances.
However, show off a beautiful carpet is not missioning impossible and it can get easily following a few tips and turning them into routine every day.
- First it starts passing the only vacuum cleaner once a week to avoid damaging the fibers too, and you can also take the opportunity to apply a stain resistant treatment to prevent adherence of these.
- You also must take into account that your vacuum cleaner must be broom, and that you should always keep very clean filters since these are fundamental for well the dust.
And now share a few tricks to remove stains when these are attached and it is too late, but… not want them to stay there forever, so take our advice:
- Remove with a spoon of solid particles, scratches if necessary.
- Get with dry napkins or paper towels and soak the liquid up.
- Use shampoo for stains based on water or solvent for the oily nature.
- Regardless of the solution chosen, soak a cloth moistened with the product and the area. To clean the stain without extending the movement should go from outside to inside.
- Put away paper towel over the area and place a heavy object on top. The paper will absorb the remaining moisture.
- To ensure a uniform color to your carpet, wash it with soap once the area is dry.
But best to achieve elimination of sure and certain way, try to remember is that because of what has been made, and as well know how to act more effectively if the…
Ink: Sealed with a paper towel and wipe with warm water. If necessary, repeat several times.
Gum: Put ice in a plastic bag and place it around the gum to freeze. First of all do not use vacuum cleaner.
Nail Polish: Not to spread the stain, remove the nail polish as much as you can. Soaking a cotton ball with a solvent.
Alcohol and Carbonated drinks: Wipe as much as possible with the help of absorbent paper or a dry napkin. Do the same with a sponge soaked in warm water. Let dry and wash with soap.
The underside of a rug never has a chance to show off, that does not mean that the material with which it is made is indistinct. Be aware that the material used for the bottoms of some rugs is a bit rough, and could leave marks on delicate floors. So we also care underside of a carpet.
FAQS for carpet cleaning and maintenance
Summer or winter carpet: are there differences?
The carpets can be for summer or winter, and the differences will depend on our expectations. For the hot months we want it to give us freshness. On the other hand, for the cold season what we are looking for is just the opposite, that gives us warmth, that wraps us, that helps to temper the climate of the room.
How often should a carpet be cleaned?
If you vacuum it at least once a week you will already be doing a lot, in this way you will prevent dirt from settling on the carpet fibers and reduce bad odors.
How to remove candy from carpet?
Use a comb to remove the candy. Grab a comb or butter knife and try to remove it. Then use a mild soap and water solution and pat the area dry.
How to clean carpet for pet accidents?
If you have pets, carpet accidents are likely and may require you to scrub rather than dry. That is why it is recommended to use organic cleaning products that do not contain harsh chemicals that can damage your carpet.